Tuesday, August 4, 2009

nonsensically hilarious crap!

"Magadheera - nonsensically hilarious crap!" is my status message for the day and seems like people can't decide my take on that movie. So, here I take the onus of explaining what this movie actually means to me.

It means a lot to me, yeah, no kidding! When is the last time I laughed my head off, literally for 2hours, 40 minutes! Shame on my part that I couldn't manage the first 2 minutes of the movie, because gulping down a sub wasn't that easy. Missed the initial two minutes and good two minutes of laugh too! Oh!

Kurt Vonnegut opines - "Any creation which has any wholeness and harmoniousness, I suspect, was made by an artist or inventor with an audience of one in mind." I wonder who did Rajamouli (the director) had in his mind as audience while directing some of the stunts or scenes of this movie. A set of people, who can switch off their brains as easily as any laptops or mobiles? Probably!

I don't want to waste much of my time, clamoring about the nonsensical part of this movie. I just can't understand or stand, the stupidity involved in these concepts and the execution. Have a star's son, have a famed production unit, get a crap under the name of the love story of 400 years old and then waste innumerable resources, minds, days, efforts and finally stamp it as "a s.s rajamouli film". Good God! My heart goes out for those professionals who put their minds and souls to create some fantastical pieces of work.. but for what? A crap? A miserable crap? Such a WASTE!

Only the other day I had a chance to see Rajamouli's interview, where he talked about his next venture: "I'm trying a new genre. A genre that was never touched. It could be a comedy thriller. None on the screen would be doing comedy, but none watching it can stop laughing. That's what I'm trying." Thank God! Had he been around while I was watching the flick, he would have confused the one on screens with theone under the carpets.

Following the laughter riot, Su advices me.. " i was wondering if the chair broke - don't laugh so much da.. respect the director and his stupidity :P" But all through, I did wonder whether I'm laughing at him, or laughing at myself for choosing to watch the movie! Here's a twist, Su, You got that?

"All imperfection is easier to tolerate if served up in small doses." - The only reason I could complete the movie. Sounds like an achievement! Ahem!

10 comments:

Purnima said...

Test Comment

Su.. said...

:)...

Hilarious crap? Haha.. Wonder if that would be the title of his next so called 'COMEDY FLICK' :p...

And I guess you were laughing for having chosen to watch that action movie :p...

Action movie?

oremuna said...

The first negative review I saw abou this flick.

Where do you stand now? Are u so different? :)

rAsEgA said...

Im curious, what else did you expect from Rajamouli, A Raging bull or A Gladiator ?

Haven't you seen his earlier works ??

Purnima said...

@oremuna: Yes, I'm different enough to have this opinions about a piece of art.

@ raSEga: Well, I'm in no way a movie buff. But I never expected anything out of this movie or the director. I'm just amused that I could laugh at it so much! :)

మోహన said...

now, I should definitely watch this movie. :D :P

Su.. said...

Sources say that this movie was an action packed Romantic movie.

Could you please confirm :p

Mahita said...

Hmm.. was waiting for ur take... and thank God, I have someone to share this laugh... :)...

Had I known that he was the director of yamadonga, sye.. or some funda movies his fans talked about, I wouldn't have taken the risk! :D... But, I was told that if Mr. RAjamouli cannot direct 'heroism' then, no one in the Telugu Industry can meet the standard. Now, I am confused! What part of heroism was in the movie? And what exactly is heroism? Throwing punch dialogues at the most unexpected point? That too, I have heard better ones, anyways :).

గీతాచార్య said...

A small correction in an excellent post:P

Not "a ss rajamoli film". It's "an ss..."

Hehehe.

@rAsEgA,

Oh yes. You can expect. 'Cas, we can copy anything. But we don't even know how to copy.

Kathi Mahesh Kumar said...

hahaha...i had almost similar take on the film. But only details are more in my take on the film.

మొన్ననే మగధీర చూశాను.
అప్పట్నుంచీ (మరో)సమీక్ష రాయలా అని ఆలోచించి…ఆ రాసే ప్రయత్నంలో ఈ సినిమాని మళ్ళీ గుర్తుంతెచ్చుకోవడం ఇష్టం లేక రాయడం మానేసాను.
ఈ సినిమాలో…

కథ: లేదు
కథనం: అతుకుల బొంత

హీరో:చిరంజీవి కొడుకనే ఒక క్వాలిఫికేషన్, కొన్ని స్టంట్ గిమ్మిక్కులు తెలుసు. అవి బాగానే ఉన్నాయి. కానీ నటన, వాచకం,స్క్రీన్ ప్రెజెన్స్ ఇవన్నీ జీరోనే (ఇదే నేను చూసిన తన మొదటి సినిమా)

హీరోయిన్: చూడ్డానికి అందంగానే ఉంది. ఆహార్యం రెండు గెటప్పులకూ బాగానే కుదింది. నటన ఎలాగూ అనవసరం కాబట్టి మోతాదులో బాగానే ఉంది.

ఇతరుల నటన: శ్రీహరి ని కొంత మినహాయిస్తే ఎవరూ చెయ్యలేదు. ఆ విలన్ ఎవడోగానీ కనీసం “కసిగా” చూడ్డంకూడా సరిగా చెయ్యలేని ముఖం.

సెట్స్ – గ్రాఫిక్స్:దాదాపు రెండు దశాబ్ధాల క్రితం కృష్ట నటించిన ‘సింహాసనం’ అనే సినిమాలోని సెట్టింగుల స్థాయిని దాటి ఈ సినిమా సెట్టింగులు ఉన్నట్టు అస్సలు అనిపించదు. గ్రాఫిక్స్ సగానికిపైగా ఎక్కడో (ముఖ్యంగా హాలీవుడ్లో) చూసినవే. ఇక మనోళ్ళి కొత్తగా చేసింది పెద్దగా ఏమీ లేదు. అవి కథకు (ఉంటేగా) ఉపయోగపడింది కొంతే.

ఫోటోగ్రఫీ: కష్టం ప్రతిఫ్రేములోనూ కనిపిస్తుంది. శ్రమకోర్చి షాటుతీసిన తపన కనిపిస్తుంది. కొంత DI కూడా హెల్ప్ అయ్యింది. ముఖ్యంగా సాల్ట్ డెసెర్ట్స్ దృశ్యాల్లో.

యాక్షన్ (పోరాటాలు): బాగున్నాయి.మిగతా పోరాట దృశ్యాలు బాగున్నా, రథాల ఛెజ్ తియ్యడం కోసం మనకు బెన్-హర్ లాంటి సినీ బైబిల్ ఉండగా కనీసం దాన్నికూడా ఉపయోగించుకోకపోవడంతో పేలవంగా ఉంటుంది. 300 స్ఫూర్తితో తీసిన శతధృవంశ వీరుడిగా ఎస్టాబ్లిష్ అయ్యే పోరాటం…ఫరవాలేదు అనిపిస్తుంది.

సంగీతం: పాటలు అస్సలు సినిమాకి అచ్చిరాలేదు. నేపధ్యసంగీతాన్ని మొత్తంగా చైనీస్ ఫిల్మ్స్ నుంచీ అరువుతెచ్చుకోవడం నిజంగా అవసరమా?

దర్శకత్వం: తెరపైన డీటెయిలింగుకు పెట్టిన శ్రద్ధ స్కిప్టు కోసం, నటులతో నటన చెయ్యించడంలోకూడా పెట్టుంటే రాణించేది. క్రితం చిత్రాలతో పోల్చుకుంటే ఇప్పటికీ ‘ఛత్రపతి’ సినిమా రాజమౌళి best. మగధీర అన్నిటికన్నా worst.

మొత్తంగా అతిభారీగా ఖర్చుపెట్టిన మీడియోకర్ చిత్రం.చూడకపోయినా ఫరవాలేదు. కానీ, అంతఖర్చు అనవసరంగా ఎలా పెట్టాడో చూడ్డానికి ఒకసారి చూడండి.